The newly developed auto-measure function on the E46LTWA Presetter introduces a feature that is unique on this type of machine.
When “auto-measure” is performed, the spindle rotates at a speed that is calculated based on the peripheral diameter of the tool to ensure the cutting edge is captured with the highest level of accuracy.
E46LTWA is equipped with the original camera as on the E46LA model but with the addition of a secondary high-resolution swivel camera (60X magnification with, in addition, 2X and 4X digital zoom capability) to allow and facilitate detailed inspection and geometry functions from both the side and top of the tool profile. This additional capability is particularly useful not only for CNC machinists but also benefits tool manufacturers to precisely measure linear and geometrical features of the tool profile.
In addition to this, as the highest point of each individual cutting edge is approached, the software calculates the deceleration and acceleration of the spindle to ensure absolutely precise measurement of each and every cutting edge is achieved. This is unlike other machines in the marketplace that use one constant rotational speed based on a set tool diameter, by instead linking the auto-measure function of the Presetter to the diameter of the tool being measured.
Machine structure in high quality structural steel to provide increased stiffness with higher accuracy and rigidity.
Featuring an automatic measure function with a 22” capacitive touch screen.
Solid granite column and base to guarantee maximum accuracy.
Main Frame & Construction
Machine structure in high quality structural steel to provide increased stiffness with higher accuracy and rigidity. Solid granite column and base (increased substantially in size over previous generation models) to guarantee maximum accuracy.
A wide variety of tools can be pre-set utilizing interchangeable spindle cartridges rather than adaptors. This reduces the number of interface connections delivering accuracy across all spindle types.
Featuring an automatic measure function with a 22” capacitive touch screen. The screen layout is split into two sections, half displaying images of the current tool and profile, and the other allowing access to the existing software functions.
Measuring range: diameter max. 320mm (radius 160mm), height max. 600mm.Machine structure in steel offering high mechanical durability and long life, floor mounted with 3 fixed support and 1 adjustable support in steel
Base and column made of natural granite: linearity max error 2 µm/Mt - certification with Taylor Hobson res.1 µm/Mt. electronic millesimal level
ISO / BT / HSK / VDI………. etc. Interchangeable rotating spindle-holder (to be selected) max run-out error < 2 µm
Spindle index in four angular position: 0° - 90° - 180° - 270°
C axis display spindle body and spindle-holder
Motor providing automatic rotation of the spindle with pneumatic engagement of the motion transmission for zero backlash (patented system)
Spindle-holder identification system (SP-ID) with NFC technology to automatically identify the spindle-holder after each replacement
Double vault arc prismatic slideways: two for X axis slideways, one for Z axis slideways
Double re-circulating ball bearing slides (three in total), lubricated for life (preloading slides/slideways: P/H class)
Universal electro-mechanical tool clamping (ISO/BT tools only)
Pneumatic-mechanic braking of the spindle-holder rotation
Constant load Archimedean spiral spring (as opposed to a mass counter-balance system)
Vision system for tool measuring and cutting inspection consisting of:
- C-MOS sensor - Framed image area 10 x 10 mm
- Magnification 26X
- Bi-telecentric lens
- Optical doublets at low F/Number in order to eliminate the error of the clearness circle
- Red light episcopic leds illuminator with ring lens, red light diascopic led puntiform illuminator
Second/Third Camera: cutting-edge inspection (episcopacy) with on screen measurement:
- Bi-telecentric lens
- Opportunity to view the tool from the top (front) or from the side (chest). Thanks to the rotating support by 90° degrees, the camera can be removed from above not to obstruct the measurement operations.
- Magnification 60X, digital zoom 2X and 4X available
- C-MOS sensor 1,3 Mega pixels, USB 2.0 high speed connection
- Framed image area 4 x 4 mm (3,9 µm/pixel)
- Illuminator: episcopic ring with diffused light and low angle: reducing glare caused by tool surface characteristic
Machine operator interface through:
- Full HD LCD 22” colour Touch-Screen monitor
- Intel I3 Quad Core Processor
- UBUNTU 14.04 LTS LINUX operating system
- Data storage on solid state disk SSD
- X and Z axes block management with control maximum speed of translation 2mm/sec
- 4 USB ports
- 1 LAN port networking port and Wireless connection (Wi-FI 802.11 150 Mb/s)
- CNC machine origin management and adapters
- Tool list creation and/or single tool, possibility to create a customized format
- Theoretical measurements and tolerances management
- Tools set and Post Processor universal creator
- Automatic change of CNC machine origin allocation
- Printable tool set report
- Spindle-holder auto rotation with automatic tool measurement cycles for single cutter or multi edged cutter
- Peripheral speed of the spindle rotation is calculated and controlled based on the diameter of the current tool being measured
- DXF format drawings import capability fro overlaying on live tool profile
- Tool profile acquisition exportable in DXF format
- TLA technology (Tool Link App) for tool data transmission directly to numerical control memory (DNC)
- Ready for TID infrastructure for tool identification with Datamatrix code
- Magnetic chip code-holders (Balluff for example, hardware not included)
ELBO CONTROLLI Linear Transducers in optical glass type SLIDE 371 certified HP laser
- Axes resolution: X= 1 µm, Z= 1 µm
Anti-dust cover provided for when not in use.
Overall dimensions : L= 1282 mm, H= 1874 mm, P= 672 mm
Net weight: 265 kg
- Dymo label printer
|X Axis Measure (Diameter)||320|
|Z Axis Measure (Length)||600|
|Natural Granite Base & Column||YES|
|Interchangeable Spindle Cartridge||YES|
|C Axis Display Spindle Body and Spindle Cartridge||YES|
|Interchangeable Spindle Max. Run-Out Error||2µm|
|Automatic Rotation of the Spindle||YES|
|Spindle Index in four Angular Positions (0º, -90º, -180º, -270º)||YES|
|Spindle Rotation Brake||Pneumatic|
|Spindle Identification System (NFC recognition)||YES|
|Tool Inspection Function/Capability||YES|
|Elbo Controlli NIKKEN Triple Camera System (Cutting Edge Inspection)||YES|
|Main Camera System Resolution||1µm|
|Main Camera System Measuring Range (C-MOS Sensor Framed Image Area)||10mm x 10mm|
|Secondary 'Twin' Camera System Measuring Ranges (Framed Image Area)||4mm x 4mm|
|Main Camera Magnification||26x|
|Secondary 'Twin' Camera System Magnifications||60x|
|Elbo Controlli NIKKEN Certified Optical Scale Axes Resolution||1µm|
|Elbo Controlli NIKKEN GS371 Certified 'Natural Granite' Optical Scale Axes Resolution||NO|
|Touch Screen System (Operator Interface)||TFT 22" HD Portrait|
|Keyboard and Mouse||YES|
|Electronics/Processor||Intel i3 Quad Core Processor|
|Firmware/Operating System||Ubuntu Linux LTS|
|Elbo Controlli NIKKEN Tool Management Software||E46L software|
|Tool Set Management and Post Processor Universal Generation||YES|
|DXF File Import and Creation||YES|
|Balluff Read/Write Ready (Balluff Hardware Required)?||YES|
|Elbo Controlli NIKKEN TiD Ready?||YES|
|Elbo Controlli NIKKEN TP32 Ready?||YES|
|Elbo Controlli NIKKEN IS 'Integrated Solution' with Twin Screen and Dual OS Option Ready?||YES|