NIKKEN Kosakusho Europe Ltd provide precision engineering products and solutions such as CNC Rotary Tables, NC Tooling Solutions, and Tool Presetters & Spindle Optimisation.
This policy, together with our terms and conditions, sets out the basis on why and how data we collect from you, or is provided by you, is processed by us.
Processing your Data
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), NIKKEN Kosakusho Europe Ltd have assessed all 6 grounds for lawfully processing data and has selected ‘Legitimate Interest’ as the most lawful basis to process your data.
NIKKEN Kosakusho Europe Ltd hold personal data such as; name, email, telephone number, IP address and company address. We believe that the individuals that we process the data of, are likely to have an interest in our products, services or solutions that NIKKEN Kosakusho Europe Ltd or our sub-brands, such as NIKKEN & Partners Online, offer.
We will only process data on subjects who meet a specific criteria such as their industry and job title. Our segmentation includes, but is not limited to, Engineering and manufacturing industry and job titles such Engineering Manager, Production Manager, Production Engineer, CNC Programmer, CNC Operator, Purchasing Manager.
We process data for the following reasons:
To enter and execute contracts – When negotiating, entering or agreeing to a contract, we will use your personal data to produce the relevant documentation such as quotations, agreements, invoices etc.
For Marketing Purposes – We will process your data to provide marketing communications relevant to you depending on how we met you, your purchase history, the industry you work in and your job title. Marketing communications may include direct email, telephone or any other B2B (Business to Business) marketing method.
If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing communications, you can click the link at the bottom of any of our email or alternatively contact our data controllers who will ensure you no longer receive these communications.
To improve our website, web presence and identify who is visiting our website – We use Google Analytics to track and report on our website traffic. This helps us to develop areas of the website to improve on i.e. to help users find what they’re looking for easier.
If you complete an online enquiry form via our website or one of our landing pages we will use the data you provide to process your request and to provide you with information on our other products and services via our marketing communications. It is deemed that as you have visited our site and submitted an enquiry, that you have a legitimate interest in our products and services. However, if you do not wish to receive marketing communications, then you have the right to unsubscribe from the email communications at any time using the unsubscribe button or by contacting the data controller on the below contact information.
How we collect your data
If you have received correspondence from use, we have obtained your data in one of the following ways;
- You have requested information from NIKKEN Kosakusho Europe Ltd or NIKKEN & Partners Online on a previous occasion
- You or someone else on your behalf has expressly shared your contact details with us for the purpose of receiving information now and/or in the future
- You have presented your business card to us during an event, exhibition or previous meeting
- You or a business colleague has visited our website and we believe that there is a genuine legitimate interest in our services
- A member of our team has found your business and your contact details in the public domain, believing that your business would genuinely be interested in our products, services and solutions, based upon your job function and the industry you work in
Legitimate Interest Assessment (LIA)
We have carried out a Legitimate Interest Assessment (LIA) as advised by the ICO. Based upon that assessment it is deemed that the rights and freedoms of the data subjects would not be overridden in our correspondence regarding NIKKEN Kosakusho Europe and that in no way would a data subject be caused harm by our correspondence. Based upon our segmentation by organisation and by specific job function, coupled with our processing of personal data within the context of a business environment, we believe that any individual that receives correspondence from NIKKEN Kosakusho Europe Ltd in a direct marketing or sales capacity has shown legitimate interest in NIKKEN Kosakusho Europe Ltd Solutions.
Using Epicor, we will complete a data cleanse at least once every 12 months to ensure data is kept clean, accurate and up to data. Any records found to be out of date will be deleted.
Request to Delete Data or Stop Communications
If you no longer wish to receive communications from NIKKEN, wish for your data to be deleted then please follow any of the following actions:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of every email
- If you have received a call, please tell the representative that you do not wish to receive any further communication ·
- Contact the Data Controller on +44 (0)1709 366306
- Email the Data Controllers; FAO:Data Controller, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to the Data Controller; FAO Data Controller, NIKKEN Kosakusho Europe, Precision House, Mangham Way, Barbot Hall Industrial Estate, Rotherham S61 4RL
All requests will be processed within 30 days. Please note this applies only to the processing of your personal data, not that of the business data which does not fall under the remit of GDPR.
This policy was last reviewed and updated on 26th May 2021.